Friday, April 19, 2013

Stop the Hate

The purpose of the things I write about here on this blog is bring people closer together. I plan to do that by opening peoples' eyes to the terrible things that are happening on a daily basis around us.

There is so much hate in the world, and having personally experienced it, I want to try to stop some of this hate. When I can't stop it, I at least want to help others that it affects. To be more specific, I want to stop the hate associated with homosexuality. The world must become accepting of the fact that what whomever you love doesn't make you lesser. "Man, that's gay." is a common expression that I hear so often. People call each other faggots behind their backs and sometimes to their faces. Gay has become synonymous with meaning lesser. I want to change this, all of it. This blog is going to be my way of retaliating against this hate; nonviolent retaliation. I don't believe that violence will fix this problem, this epidemic of ignorance, but I do believe that if everyone can become supportive, the hate will wither away.

I know that I can't possible do it by myself. That is why I'm starting Project: Become. I want people to read this and see the things happening around them with opened eyes. I want people to catch themselves before they spread the hate. I want people to stand up for those being oppressed, to care, and to be aware. I want people to become connected by their basic likeness in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment